Job Title: Site Superintendent - Residential Custom Build
Our company is growing, and we are hiring a Site Superintendent. Join our team of
well-educated, trained craftspeople with a passion for building and a curiosity for
progressing their trade that extends well beyond the work site. Our team consists of
highly trained carpenters proficient in large-scale character home renovations and new
construction. We specialize in finish carpentry and employ innovative building
techniques, including passive house and net-zero construction methods.
We are a boutique firm with a mission to construct and restore architecturally designed
residences in both the existing and new construction sectors of our industry; and to
guide homeowners through a customer-centric homebuilding experience. To use
construction to inspire and implement solutions to environmental and housing crises. If
this resonates with you, we’d love to hear from you!
As the Site Superintendent, you will lead and contribute to the success of residential
construction projects by overseeing all construction site operations and managing
trades staff, contractors, and sub-contractors. You’ll be the clients' go-to person onsite,
reporting to the Project Manager.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hourly Wage: $41-$43/hr (Permanent Full Time)
Work Shift: 4x10 weekday schedule
Why Work With Us:
● We are a group of carpenters who have embraced this profession with a
shared passion for honing our craft.
● 4-day work week – work-life balance is highly encouraged.
● We support and encourage ongoing education for professional growth.
● Need flexibility to support personal or family commitments while fulfilling job
responsibilities? We’ve got you covered; we get it, and we offer flexibility and
● Regular social events to build camaraderie - surfing retreat in Tofino!
● Gain experience in Net Zero renovations and passive-house construction.
● Work autonomously and independently in the role.
● We believe in building for tomorrow. Embark on a rewarding career where
your expertise contributes to a greener future!
Site Superintendent Duties:
● Ensure the consistent delivery of top-tier workmanship and accountability
among Frontera team members, subcontractors and contractors.
● Be the main point of contact on-site for the client, architect, designer and
● Manage construction schedules.
● Anticipate and mitigate potential scheduling and budget challenges to
preempt costly issues and prevent project delays.
● Supervise trades to ensure timely completion of any deficiencies.
● Promptly inform relevant individuals of any job-related issues requiring
resolution, correction, or additional guidance.
● Maintain accurate documentation, including drawings and change order
● Oversee and ensure compliance with sub-contracts.
● Coordinate all material estimates, ensure the procurement of supplies and
troubleshoot any related issues.
● Maximize team performance through effective motivation and
● Demonstrate the skillset to provide instruction and training to apprentice
carpenters on all aspects of the build.
● Possess the capability to don the toolbelt and contribute as a carpenter
wherever necessary at any stage of the project (foundation formwork through
● Manage safety initiatives and oversee job site safety for the onsite trades
team and subcontractors.
● Run a clean, organized site.
● Other duties as needed may apply.
● Comprehensive extended health benefits after a 6 month probationary period
● Dental care
● RRSP matching
● Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Site Superintendent in the custom
residential build sector; OR,
● Must have at least 5 years of experience as a project lead carpenter in the